Sunday, September 28, 2008

A couple of firsts and one repeat.

So in case you didn't know, recently it was my birthday. As I am sure most of you do, I received some cash. Usually I am totally money conscious and I apply it toward bills and what not. But this year, I really wanted to do something fun with my money. After hohuming about a couple of different options (A day at Catalina, a short weekend trip away with the men in my life) I decided on the gift that will last throughout the year. Tuesday the 23rd Sam experienced Disneyland for the first time. We had such a good time, but note to parents, 14 month year olds are still too young for Peter Pan and really any ride that is kinda dark on the inside. He did okay on the Storybook Land tour and the Ferris Wheel at California Adventure, but beyond that, it was a tough time for Sam. But he enjoyed Pluto! ;)Another first we experienced is below. I decided it was time for Sam to get a haircut. I thought about this one too and though I wanted a wonderful memory in a cute little shop somewhere, I thought it would be less traumatic if I did it myself. Sam was such a good boy. The only thing I might have done differently is to have done a number 3 instead of a number 1. I am getting "chemo baby" comments from the fam. Here is the before...
And the after....
Friday night we had the opportunity to go to the LA County Fair. Now, as I stated in the title of this blog, this is not Sam's first time at the fair. We got to go last year when Sam was 2 months old. Daddy and son got this cute little picture together. Quite funny if I do say so myself.
So, try as he might, Matt could not find the same cut out board for this year's picture. So we had to settle for this one:
Still pretty cute if I do say so myself. Well, I have to go get Sam some dinner. Hope all is going well in all of your lives!

1 comment:

nhans3 said...

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing. However, it is a darn good money saver for you to cut his hair rather than taking him elsewhere. Earlier this year, I allowed Lori to cut my hair and she's been doing it ever since. The clippers have undoubtedly been paid off by now, which is cool... and it saves us a good $15/month and a half.

Most certainly go for a "3" next time... :D It is a cute picture, though.