Monday, December 29, 2008

Thank goodness for family :)

So many of you know that Matt, Sam, and I have been staying with my mom. We had originally moved in because we did not want to renew our lease at our old apartment since we thought we may have been moving out of state for a few months. We were interested in going month to month, but they were going to charge about $1899. Talk about highway robbery. So, we moved in with my mom until we found out something concrete about Matt's job. We still haven't, but we are now at the point where we are comfortable signing a lease with a modest apartment.

Sunday morning, Andy Bales of the Union Rescue Mission came to give a report to our church. I was so convicted by some of the stories of people who had ended up on the street and had found hope in the URM. I turned to my mom and thanked her, telling her I don't know where Matt, Sam, and I would be without her. After church, we went over to Angela's house, and I thought about how lucky I was to live near family and to have the support and guidance they give. Here are some pics of the afternoon at her home.

My mom holding Lauren and Sam and Ryan and Aidan with their helmets.
Angela makes sure that Sam does not push the truck into the street.
I wish I had a tree to hang a swing on, but Auntie's house will do.
When Ryan saw Sam, of course he wanted to join in the fun.So they enjoyed it together.Sam did the only thing he knew what to do with the skateboards Ryan and Aidan got for Christmas: pushed it.
There is good news in all of this though. We found an affordable apartment in Walnut we are set to move into on January 7th. We did have a deposit on one set to move in December 26th, but the people decided they were not leaving. Is that even legal? We are finally getting back on track as a family and Matt and I can't wait to get all of our stuff out of storage. He has forgotten what our drinking glasses look like and we really want our winter clothes we put there. :) If you want our new address, email me and I will get it to you. Hopefully we can stay in this place for more than a year!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Yeah family is important. I don't know where we would be without most my family here. It would be really awesome if Rick and Sharon and the kids were here too, but life doesn't always work out exactly how we want it. I want your new address so email it to me!